Last updated 1st August 2023
We’re excited to welcome you on one of our upcoming women-only small group tours. Please note the following Terms and Conditions, which will apply to your trip. We’ve kept them as straight forward as possible, as we know you’d rather be preparing for travel than reading too much fine print!
It is your responsibility to read and understand our Terms and Conditions, and how they may affect your trip. We are happy to clarify or answer any questions you may have; feel free to email [email protected] if we can assist with any additional information.
This agreement supersedes all previous oral or written communications, representations, or agreements between the parties and applies to all trips organized by Solo Female Travelers and sold on this website.
Because we limit our trips to a small number of attendees, to allow for a more personable, intimate experience, our trips will only go ahead if we reach a required minimum number of guests.
- Your trip will be confirmed when minimum numbers are reached, at latest 60 days before departure.
- If the trip is cancelled by us before this date, a full refund will be issued minus any bank charges. Should the trip be rescheduled to another date, you can choose to allocate any payments you have made to secure a spot on the new trip dates.
- We advise that you do not book your flights until the trip has been confirmed. We are not in a position to compensate for travel arrangements booked before the trip has been confirmed.
- Extra time in a destination, outside of the tour start and end date, is at your own expense. If you arrive before or after our designated check-in / transfer has been arranged (on the trips where this is offered), we can provide suggestions for ways to enjoy your day. We are unable to facilitate any extra hotel bookings outside of the tour dates.
- Visas may be required for entering the destination, and are at your own expense. It is your responsibility to research the visa requirements of each country / destination, and coordinate your visa within the appropriate timeframes required by your local embassy. We are unable to provide any refunds if you are denied entry to the country, even if we or our local agent, have provided visa support (eg. if the local agent provided you with the invitation letter).
- If a trip is priced in a currency different to that of your own, or if we provided estimated amounts in your local currency, please be aware that currency fluctuations may affect the final converted price in your currency. We do not have control over worldwide currency fluctuations, and monitoring this will be your responsibility. Payments are due in the currency quoted on the trip page.
- You understand that we can only provide the pre-agreed transfer details on your arrival date, in cases where this is included in the trip price, if we receive the details of your flight arrival one month before the trip stats. Failure to provide these details on time will result in the transfer not being provided.
No one books a trip with the intention of cancelling it, but unexpected events do occur. Our cancellation policy is in place to help guests, our local partners and us through expenses that may arise from unexpected cancellations.
Our payments are split into 2 instalments: a deposit to reserve your spot and a final payment for the balance.
- All payments, including the initial deposit, are non-refundable if the tour is confirmed.
- The initial deposit collected to secure your place on the tour is fully refundable only if we do not meet the minimum number of guests for the trip to go ahead. In those cases, a full refund of the deposit will be issued minus any bank charges.
- Payments made towards one trip are not transferrable to another. That is, we are unable to move payments, including initial deposits, between trips and destinations, or apply your payments from one trip to another.
- Because refunds and transferring balances to another trip are not available, and we are unable to make exceptions for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies, we require all guests take out comprehensive travel insurance to compensate in case of unexpected cancellations. Insurance should cover you for both travel cancellations, and medical emergencies in the country of your tour. We advise you to take out this coverage as soon as you pay your deposit, without delay.
- The unexpected can occur and getting sick in a foreign country is a very daunting experience, this is why we require guests take insurance with international evacuation coverage for all trips. You should book a policy as soon as the trip has been confirmed. Here are the providers we recommend. We will request proof of your travel and medical insurance details no later than 30 days before departure. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the cancellation of your booking without refund. Our Kilimanjaro expeditions include evacuation insurance.
- If you are not able to make a trip, we allow you to transfer the trip to someone of your choosing, found and assigned by you, no later than 30 days prior to departure and in writing. In that case, we will be transferring any payments you have made to that person and the new assigned guest will be responsible to make the pending payments. You will be responsible for recovering any monies already paid from the guest yourself. In cases where flights have already been purchased under your name (eg. Egypt or Tanzania), you understand that this portion of the trip will not be transferred to your replacement and they will have to pay for this again.
- No refunds or credits will be issued for failure to attend or failure to complete the tour, or for arriving late or leaving early. If you arrive late to a tour, any costs required to reach the location where the rest of the group is at the time of your arrival will be at your expense.
- We reserve the right to cancel tours with inadequate participant interest, in which case your deposit will be refunded. Notification of cancellation for this reason will occur latest, 60 days before departure. As mentioned above, we cannot be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations before your tour has been confirmed.
- In case of exceptional circumstances where a refund is provided or where we agree to move your booking to a different date or different person, an administrative fee will apply.
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking should we determine that you are not a good fit for our tours. In these cases, we will notify you after the deposit payment is received and will refund you the booking amount in full.
COVID Travel Policies
We care deeply about the wellbeing of our guests which is why we have the below COVID policies.
- Being vaccinated against COVID will not be a requirement to join our tours from 1st of January 2024.
- However, as a courtesy to other guests, our local partners, the guide and our activity leaders, we require guests who develop a cough or cold-like symptoms to use a mask and separate themselves from the rest of the guests. COVID testing will not mandatory, though it will be encouraged.
- You are required to comply with the local COVID or other health regulations of the tour destination, including presenting a negative COVID test before entering, quarantining, etc. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of the applicable requirements to you as these may vary by nationality of country of residence. We are unable to provide refunds if you are denied entry because of failure to comply with the requirements.
- On some tours such as our Sailing Trips, additional requirements (vaccination and / or testing) may be imposed by our local partners to board the vessel and you agree to comply with these requirements. You understand that their requirements may be subject to change after that date you book your tour with us, and that we are unable to offer a refund should you decide you do not wish to comply.
- In the event that the trip needs to be postponed for reasons beyond our control such as a global pandemic or COVID after the the 30% deposit is due, any payments made will be put towards a similar trip in the future. We recommend checking with an aggregator such as Travel Insurance Master to compare quotes and coverage.
- Any information or advice given by us or our partners or agents regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory and provided as a courtesy. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions as to any such information provided.
Photography / Videography
We aim to make our trips as special as possible, and for you to be in the moment, enjoying the trip, the destination and the experiences away from your phone or screen.
- You understand that some of our trips may be accompanied by a photographer / videographer who will be taking candid photography of the group and that, in very rare occasions, this photographer may be male.
- A selection of these images will be shared with the group after the completion of the tour for use on social media. You may not sell or otherwise use any of the images taken by us or our photographers or videographers for commercial purposes.
- In attending a trip with an accompanied photographer, you agree and acknowledge that your image and likeness may be used in future promotional material, by both Solo Female Travelers, and our partner tour companies or photographers. You also agree to grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, re-use, distribute, display, create derivative works of, and reproduce any images, photos, or videos (whether directly or through a photo sharing service) in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or Internet, free of charge and without right to inspection, for any purpose, including to promote and publicize our products and services worldwide. If you do not wish for your photos or video to be taken, please let us know via email before your tour at [email protected].
All tour costs are considered on a sharing basis with two guests per room in twin bedding; we will pair you with another solo female traveler on the trip so that there are no single supplements.
- If you wish to have your own room, a single supplement will apply per trip. Some trips, due to the nature of the accommodation, may not allow for single supplements.
- If you are traveling with a companion, please let us know in advance so we can pair you in the same room.
- We are unable to accommodate more than 2 guests to a room unless a trip has been specifically designed like this.
- If you need to change rooms at any stage throughout the tour to be paired with a different traveler, please let your host / tour leader know as soon as possible. We will make our best efforts to ensure you are comfortable with your shared room arrangement but you understand that this may come at the additional cost of a single room.
- You are responsible for the safety and security of your belongings within a shared room setting.
We are committed to making our trips accessible to as many women as possible and for that reason, we will do what is in our power to accommodate dietary restrictions, allergies, medical conditions and other needs of our guests.
By joining our trips you agree to notify us of any requirements before reserving a spot so we can confirm that your needs will be met within the limitations of the itinerary, the destination and the trip style.
You also understand that some types of trips may require a minimum level of fitness or mobility, or may not easily accommodate dietary requirements or allergies.
We will endevour to discuss possible options with you prior to reserving your spot and provide you with the most accurate information available to us for you to make an informed decision.
By joining our trips, you also state that you know of no physical or mental condition that would create a hazard for you or others, or affect other people’s enjoyment of the trip.
On some destinations, we may request a medical certificate that ensures you will be able to safely participate in all activities. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse a booking should we determine that we are unable to accommodate your needs on our tours.
Participants assume the risk involved when participating in foreign travel, and any and all activities and/or pursuits voluntarily undertaken while participating in the tour.
By participating in any Solo Female Travelers tour, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release Solo Female Travelers from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown.
You will be required to sign a ‘Waiver of Responsibility’ form before you begin your tour. This form is an understanding that all guests need to exercise judgement and care at all times to ensure their own safety and that of their fellow travelers.
Failure to sign the waiver of responsibility will mean you are unable to participate in the tour.
Alcohol and Drugs
We do not tolerate drug use of any kind during our trips and we require responsible alcohol consumption, for your safety and that of those around you.
You will comply with the laws of all countries visited. Failure to abide by this provision may result in immediate termination of your trip without a refund or other liability by us, our local partners or agents.
Timely payment is key for the trip to go ahead as planned and for our local partners to be able to guarantee accommodation and activities. We reserve the right to cancel a booking without refund should any of the payment deadlines not be met.
In case of a Force Majeure event, we are not responsible for performing our obligations and will not be responsible for any resulting damages.
A Force Majeure Event is any circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation acts of nature, terrorist activities, insurrection, explosion, flood, earthquake, tempest, forceful wind, fire or accident, war or threat of war declared or undeclared, sabotage, civil disturbance, labor strikes, requisition, pandemics, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, and unforeseen circumstances.
If we, our partners or agents are affected by a Force Majeure Event, we, or our agents, may vary or cancel any itinerary or activity without any obligation or liability.
Claims and Complaints
We are committed to creating and delivering extraordinary experiences. However, if any issues arise during a trip, you agree to notify the tour leader as soon as possible so we can find a satisfactory solution that works for everyone.
You agree to send all your complaints in writing by email to [email protected] along with any supporting documentation.
As mentioned, Solo Female Travelers and all our representatives (herein after referred to as “agents”), act only in capacity as agents for the guest in all matters connected with travel, sight-seeing journeys and transportation.
You agree that as agents, we are held free of responsibility for any damage occasioned by any cause, in particular:
- For any damages or expenses or inconveniences caused by late departures, change of schedule or change in activities caused by reasons beyond our control
- For loss or damage to baggage or any of the participant’s belongings.
- For personal injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage, irregularity or property damage as a result of force majeure or for any other losses or damages incurred by any person or journey participants caused by any delay or change of itinerary or arising out of any act, including, but not limited to, any act of negligence, any person acting for or on behalf of agents for transportation, accommodation or sight-seeing provider or any other person or entity rendering any of these services or accommodations being offered in connection with this journey.
Participants agree that any and all disputes between Participants and Solo Female Travelers shall be governed by Spanish law. Participants agree to mediate any and all disputes prior to the instigation of any litigation.
In the event of any litigation between the Parties to this agreement involving their respective rights or obligations, such litigation shall take place in Spain.
All prices quoted are correct at time of publication, include the cost of operation of the journeys, and are subject to currency changes.